Guest post by Stephanie Watson of Barry Publishing
Frequent, quality content is an important tool for any business owner who wants to market their business online. It doesn’t matter whether you have a bricks and mortar business, or an online business; content marketing is the most effective and important way to build your business. But, it doesn’t have to take forever or cost a fortunate to produce enough content for your business.
All you really have to do is create amazing content that can be reworked and repurposed in new ways.
1. Develop a Report from Blog Posts – It might seem intimidating to create a report but it doesn’t have to be. If you have 3 to 5 blog posts, which you’ve created on one topic for your blog, you can combine them to create a report. Simply add in some extra information to ensure the message flows. By using published blog posts, some interesting images, an intro, and conclusion, you can create a report to sell or give away in an hour or two.
2. Combine Reports to Create an Amazing Book or Information Product – Usually, everything you write or have written for you will be about a particular niche. Therefore, once you have a number of blog posts and reports created, you can then combine them in a creative way to make an amazing book or information product. Again, be sure to update anything in the old report that’s outdated, add in extra thoughts, introductions and conclusions and appropriate graphics and you’ll be able to produce an information product in no time.
3. Craft a PowerPoint Presentation from a Blog Post – If you write your blog posts with headers, sub headers, and organized information you can easily turn them into PowerPoint presentations that your audience will love. For example, each of the bolded points from this article can be made into a PP slide. Just add some attention grabbing graphics and the slides practically make themselves.
4. Perform a Podcast, Video, or Webinar from a PowerPoint Presentation – Once you have a presentation made, it can then be repurposed into audio or video. Try not to read the slides verbatim, add some background music, and if live, allow for questions and then you’ll have an effective multimedia presentation quickly.
5. Put Together a Course from a Report or Book – Any type of “how to” book can be turned into a course. The course can be delivered via email, a membership site, or via a drip plugin on your website for free or for a price. Just break up the book into lessons, expand on the work by adding in more examples, checklists, and Q & A. Your courses can be text, images, video, or a combination of them all.
6. Design Memes from Quotes from a Report or Book – Today, due to the popularity of social media, creating graphics for Pinterest and Instagram (and even Facebook and Twitter) is an important way to market your content. Studies show that social media updates with images are more likely to spur engagement and sharing.
7. Design an Infographic from Data in a Blog Post – When you have any type of data centric information one of the best formats to use to enhance understanding is an infographic. You can use software like Canva.com to help you make your infographics or you can hire a graphic designer.
8. Develop a Whitepaper from a Blog Post Series – Whitepapers are very important additions to your content arsenal because they represent authority. A good whitepaper will explain a problem and the solutions in a non-sales manner that helps the audience member make a good choice. Putting together blog posts, adding images, infographics, and examples will go far in making your whitepapers useful and effective.
9. Create a Newsletter from Book or Report Excerpts – Most online marketers know the importance of building an email list and the utilizing the list to get information to their audience. A great way to do that is to create a newsletter. Your newsletter can easily be created from content you’ve already published by using books, blog posts, and report excerpts.
In addition to these 9 ways to repurpose content you should also remember to breathe new life into outdated content by making updates occasionally on your oldest content. By updating and republishing, you will soon be known as the go-to place for information within your niche that is always up-to-date and accurate. Plus, it helps keep older content that you’ve created working for you to drive traffic, engagement and sales.
Like This Article? There’s More…
This article is an excerpt from our EWL Insider Monthly, one of the awesome perks of being an Elite Writer’s Lab Member. If you’re up for:
- In-depth monthly advice through our newsletter and up-to-date resources
- Learning from the stories of other successful writers and business owners
- Instant access to our publishing Quick Start Success Kit
- Joining a community of like-minded writers, so you have the support you need
…we’d love to have you join us. Take the $1 trial here.
We can’t wait to have you join us!