Not too long ago we interviewed search engine optimization whiz, Tieron Spear, for our monthly Elite Writer’s Lab Case Study interview. Tie shared a variety of great insight during this in-depth interview, but we’ve pulled out 20 minutes of that interview to serve as a great overview to help you optimize your website content for search engines.
Quick Summary and Links
The 3 important factors to your site ranking well:
- Theme: Keep your website theme consistent and shape your content around that.
- Trust: Create trust by using a Google Author Profile.
- Traffic: Google is looking for popularity of your content, outside of the organic traffic it sends you. That can be done through paid traffic, sharing date through Google’s UTM tracking and more.
- Boost engagement and time of site with longer content (700-800 words recommended), add images with social media commentary, post popular videos on the content and include photos.
- Use H1 tags for headlines and H3 for subheadlines. You don’t need to know HTML coding to do these tags. You can use the WordPress editor to create headlines as shown below.
- Create trust by using a Google Author Profile by using Google Scholar.
- Create links with Google’s UTM tracking: This easy-to-use tool will help you create tracking links for various campaigns and traffic sources. The data is captured in your Google Analytics account for you.
- Here is an example of the JSON-LD Scheme Markup for Bloggers…but you can use the Yoast SEO plugin to manage it for you, if you use WordPress.
More About Tie: As an authority in e-commerce, digital and social media marketing, he regularly speaks on these subjects. You can learn more about him at www.boostprofitsonline.com .