If you’ve ever struggled to fill your blog with fresh content, you’re certainly not alone.
You’ve got plenty to do and sometimes blogging gets left by the wayside. But the good news is if you set aside just a bit of time for planning and utilize effective brainstorming tools, your blog can become the incredible resource you’ve always wanted it to be.
There really are just 3 keys to keeping your blog full of AWESOME and here they are:
#1: Planning Your Content
If you take the approach that you’ll blog when you sit at your computer and decide to blog, you’ve probably found yourself staring at a blank screen more than once. Or wandered off to the Facebook or Instagram and hoped that inspiration would soon strike.
And then what? A lot of wasted time…that’s what.
A lot of people think that content planning is time consuming, but in reality it ensures that you create a cohesive content marketing plan that is more likely to make you money and saves you plenty of time in the process.
If you take the time to plan your content for the coming month, a couple of things happen:
• You’ll be able to sit down and just create content when you’re ready or you can assign those topics to your guest contributors.
• You can create a plan shaped around your product launches or affiliate products you want to promote. In short, you can more effectively make your content make money for you.
Luckily enough, in our blog content template package (enter coupon code: EWLBLOG to save 40%) we include a blogging calendar to help you generate plenty of content ideas, a weekly blog planning sheet and a blog post planning template as well.
#2: Systematize Your Content Creation
Establishing routines for your content creation benefit you in many ways. Establishing routines doesn’t mean you’re going to spit out boring robotic content…not at all. It just means you can get a lot more done in a lot less time.
It’s not always easy to get there, but we help you with this with our checklists, brainstorming and idea sheets that you can find our blog content template package (enter coupon code: EWLBLOG to save 40%).
#3: Don’t Create All Your Content Yourself
A common approach to a blog is to center everything around the blog post owners. The logic is that all content is created by the owner because they are the expert and their readers expect no less from them. This approach has appeal because you can create a great brand based on your personality and quickly build up a loyal following, but the long term drawbacks can certainly outweigh those benefits.
Some of Those Drawbacks Are:
• It is a lot of work for you. We don’t have to tell you that creating all your own original content is a HUGE job. While content creation is an important part of building your business, you need to have time for planning, strategizing and marketing. If you’re writing all day, it’s tough to dedicate enough time to these activities.
• It is a lot of pressure on you personally to always deliver. If your business is all about you, your readers and your customers rely only on you. There is a loyal following and connection, but sometimes the expectations can be too high and your time is sucked up by doling out free advice and answering endless questions. While we’re all in a content-based business because we like to help people, we’ve got to make money and have time for ourselves too.
• You have no exit strategy. A business that is centered around one person has no value without that person. What happens if you want to sell the business or if, heaven forbid, something happens and you can’t run the business? A lot of people don’t plan for an exit strategy or they don’t feel they need one, but we’d encourage you to think about:
-> Your business is an asset. Not only for your family right now, but your family in the future when you’re long gone. Even if you don’t sell the business, you need to plan for your succession.
-> On the other hand, a business you can exit can be sold at any time. If you or your family has a need for extra money or you’re just ready for something new, you can sell part or all of your business.
-> You can make a ton of cash if you plan your exit well. By building up the business, systematizing it and selling when it’s doing well…you have more money to work on new ventures, improve your family’s situation or just enjoy yourself.
Now we’re not suggesting you should set up an impersonal business with a ton of content just flying out there to see what sticks. NEVER. You can still benefit from being the central person in your business…but also effectively leveraging the work of others in delivering knowledge to your target market.
Once You Get Help Blogging, You Have:
• The ability to get more leads: Content is a lead generator and if you optimize and distribute it well, you’re going to reach more leads with more content.
• More time for profit-generating activities: While content is a great lead- generator, your business needs your attention when it comes to strategy, marketing and sales activities. When you don’t spend as much time creating content…you get more time for exactly that.
• More Variety for Your Readers: By using content from others, you give your readers a fuller experience that they will appreciate and come back for. Stop worrying about having all eyes on you, create a resource that is the most valuable to your readers.
And you bet, we’ve got the templates you need to start hiring writers or even getting people to write for you for free. It’s true…you don’t have to pay to get content on your site. Grab our blog content template package (enter coupon code: EWLBLOG to save 40%).
Put these tips to use and you’ll have a viable blog filled with all kinds of AWESOME your readers will love!
What to Do Next:
Need more help with your blogging? We’ve got a great package of blog content templates (enter coupon code: EWLBLOG to save 40%) that includes:
- Insider’s Strategy Guide
- Blogging Calendar
- Weekly Blog Planning Sheet
- Blog Post Planning Template
- Content Style Checklist
- Content Types for Your Blog Checklist
- Where to Get Blog Content Ideas Checklist
- 50 Things to Blog About Checklist
- How to Get Free Content Checklist
- Recruiting and Working with Free Guest Bloggers Checklist
- Guest Blog Post Submission Guidelines Template
- Hiring and Working with Writers Checklist
Click here to grab everything and again, use coupon code: EWLBLOG to save 40%
Stay Up to Date with Elite Writer’s Lab